I’m supposed to be wrapping gifts at the moment–I can’t believe Christmas is two weeks away! I haven’t been in a holiday mood for many years now. I often feel like I’m going through the motions of whatever holiday obligations I have in the last few years (with the exception of going to reunions and Christmas parties, lol). Instead, I was going over my list of projects I’ve been involved in this year and finalizing/fine-tuning what projects I’d like to do for next. I have to admit that it’s largely in part to this week’s topic on The Digishow.
That said, here’s a quick recap of what I’ve accomplished this year:
- Thanx Project: I’ve been doing this off and on, and am happy with the cards I’ve been able to scrap. It’s easy with a template. I’m going to continue this for 2012, but I’d like to be more regular about it. Maybe posting 10 cards a month would be fun The awesome thing with this project is I never had a set end-date for it. After all, we can’t ever run out of things to be grateful for, right?
- 2011 Faves: Inspired by Lynnette’s own series of faves, I’ve been surprised at myself at being able to keep up with it! I’m in the middle of documenting my December and have scrapped until October. I really enjoyed doing this this year and am thinking of how to take it to the next level. My layouts are posted in respective galleries but I haven’t updated this main one. Once I finish my November layout I can update it, methinks.
- New52: Sadly, I stopped blogging about what I was doing maybe in February or March! But I kept up with it, and have missed only about three weeks! I kept thinking about how I was going to document them properly (aside from simply listing them down each week) and in the end just got overwhelmed with it. LOL I have no idea what I’m going to do with this list and have a vague idea of putting it together into a double-page layout.
- A Week In The Life: SO happy that I got to participate in this and scrap the whole thing! It was difficult the last three days and I vowed to make my album simpler for next year. Yep, I think I’d like to do this again next year–it would be awesome to see how similar/different our lives are now, especially as we moved this year.
- Project Scrap Stash: Tackling the very daunting task of finally organizing my digi supplies terrified me, but Kayla Lamareaux convinced me to do it, lol. I’m SO SO happy I finished it and it’s really made a difference when I am looking for specific items in my stash. Certainly it’s curbed my shopping, haha! However, right now I’m busy syncing/reconnecting my catalog to my stash folders because I moved to a laptop and Windows 7. It’s taking a while, partly because of how I imported my previews and partly because I’m just so overwhelmed with holiday stress, gah! I hope to finish this by end of the year.
- Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge: This is definitely one of my favorite accomplishments for the year! I hadn’t been reading regularly at all since…college? So I set myself up with the goal of reading 30 books. Well, in April I ended up doubling my declaration, and at this moment, I’ve finished 76 books (127%)! Not only did this goal get me back into reading and finding new books, but I’ve also found new manga titles to read as well and devoured a fair amount of volumes, lol!
In an effort to streamline my life and so I have better focus, I’ve been busy mentally “paring down” what i don’t need and what I want. In a way I *am* happy that having an editor’s mindset allows me to be almost merciless in taking away what I don’t need, even when I’m in the iron grip of being sentimental In the meantime, I’m happy with what I’ve accomplished and look forward to a more productive 2012!
What projects have you finished this year?