Whew! What a crazy two months it’s been since I’ve been here I decided to celebrate (sorta) being back to blogging by snazzing up my banner. Really trying to be better at making a cleaner-looking blog. I look to Peppermint and Liz really for any minimalist gorgeousness. A LOT has happened and things are only getting more hectic as the year wraps up. Holy wow, when did we hit November, seriously? I swear it was only April yesterday.
Anyway, this being an update post, I’ll try and breeze through my news as quick as possible:
- In early September I got the shock of my life–and it still boggles my mind–with an email from one Robin Carlton asking me if I’d like to be part of the CT at Sweet Shoppe Designs. I was so, so honored and scared to death! SSD is not a dream team–more like, it was so out there for me that I couldn’t even wrap my head around the possibility of being part of that team. I was really happy just hanging out in the forums. In fact, I always thought that I flew under the radar there because I’m not chatty at all. Yet knowing that people had noticed my work, and better–liked my work is such an amazing, uplifting thing. I couldn’t concentrate on work for the rest of that week.
- Double shocker was that very same day I got a PM from one Krista Sahlin asking me if I’d like to be part of her CT. Now HER team was on my dream team roster, lol. I honestly was scared I’d wake up from some elaborate daydream crying into my coffee and pan de sal breakfast.
- In late September Mark & I moved condos, to a unit of the same size and in the same compound, but lower to the ground and with cheaper rent. Despite my hemming and hawing, I’m glad we did move. This place is so much cooler because we don’t get afternoon sun (we are right between two buildings), it is way less dusty, it’s been repainted, and we discovered sweet bonuses: a shower heater in the bathroom and tons of kitchen cupboards for storage I unpacked 95% of our stuff in less than a week. I fixed up my creative space better, and I love scrapping and writing there in the early morning or late evening hours. Even better, I have an ongoing system of cleaning and organizing which makes me feel way better about keeping our Castle clean
- The Universe provides–I’ve been getting steady editorial work for the last few weeks. While the pay isn’t as lucrative as my online assignments, I like what I’ve been writing and am grateful for my industry friends for thinking of me. The flexible sked allows me to do more scrapping.
- We still don’t have our regular broadband Internet connection. It’s a hellishly long story, but currently we’re using a prepaid Sun subscription which at best is dialup speeds. Still, it beats going every morning to an internet cafe
- October can best be characterized as touching-base month. Met up with a lot of friends, had nice long talks, loud videoke singing, and my fair share of drinking, lol. And that’s saying something.
- Also, in late October on a crazy whim I signed up for NaNoWriMo. What exactly am I going to write? It’s something that’s been on my mind for approximately the last two-three months as an amorphous concept. But for the 30 days of November, I’m going to be type out what I’ve got just for the experience. Hopefully it will be something worth reading once I’m done I’ve told a few friends about it and am grateful for their support. In any case, all I’m focused on for 30 days is getting it out of my system. I’ll figure out everything else once I’m done. For the last week I was majorly stuck, then I figured something out yesterday and hopefully the writing will flow better. I’ve got less than two weeks left!
And that’s pretty much my last two months, give or take a few events. Right now I’m between deadlines. In a way this prepaid Internet is a godsend, because I haven’t been on Twitter or Facebook (well, I’m really hardly on there) or Pinterest *sob*. I’ve been able to churn out more work. However, it also meant I had to temporarily let go of blogging. Hopefully things will get better on that front in the next few weeks.
(And Claire–this update is for you! ♥)